Sunday, October 30, 2005

I found my book!

I misplaced Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati the next book on my reading list. I finally found it yesterday when I decided to pick up around the house. I'd let things go lately getting ready for Halloween, reading The Red Tent again, spending time with friends, hangin' with the kids and building a roller coaster. All of it is infinitely more important than cleaning house.

I feel kind of excited about what the kids want to be for Halloween this year.
Jade will be a rainbow flower. We dyed a shirt and leggings a foresty kind of green using low water immersion dyeing so her body is the stem. We made a flower headband and each petal is different color of felt for the rainbow. Originally, Corbin decided to be a ninja. I found him black jeans, a black shirt left over when Jade was Seven of Nine, and bought a ninja sword and weapon assortment. Now he is undecided. He might be a robber or a Jedi Knight instead. What I both hate and enjoy about Halloween is helping the kids create their costumes. I like the challenge but sometimes it's difficult to do on a budget and homemade too. Corbin's last minute costume ideas don't stress me too much because we have lots of dress up clothes.

On Halloween we plan to trick-or-treat down town and a little bit around our neighborhood because Jade wants to trick-or-treat for Unicef too. After that we plan to eat candy of course! I also bought a pomegranate at the store today that we will share while Stephen, my husband, tells us the story of Persephone. Then we will honor our family members who have died by telling stories about them and their life because Halloween is the same day as the pagan holiday Samhain which we also celebrate.

Here and there I plan to get some reading done. So far, I enjoy Into the Wilderness the heroine, Elizabeth, proves to be a woman with an attitude. I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home