Monday, November 21, 2005

Memory Lane

So how does it feel to have a 10 year old?

I feel

AMAZED FLABBERGASTED INCREDULOUS
FLOORED WOWED TICKLED SCARED EXCITED

I feel amazed she was ever so little, so tiny, so fragile. My 10 yearold is solid and strong. I still see her smile and joy in her face as a baby and now as a child but a child almost as big as an adult.

In some ways I do feel sad she is growing up because I wish I had more time to enjoy all of her stages and all the transitions. And I feel excited that she is getting older. Looking through old photos I was reminded of the little toddling Jade and now I get to know the big grown up Jade.

Looking through the photos I am reminded of the miracle of life, of birth, of growing, and learning. It's just damn amazing.

So go kiss your kids and smell that baby smell if you still have a baby. Give them a hug. Enjoy their exuburance and their passion for life.

Have a Wonder Filled Day!


Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home