Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day

I didn't realize how many of these mother picture I have here include breasts. I was shocked myself. I'm posting this anyway because I truly believe that breast are more than actually, MUCH more than something sexual. Breasts contain a magic elixir than not only feeds our babies but it calms them and nurtures them.

Here's a visual feast honoring all the mothers I know

A sculpture given to me by a friend that represents Gaia, Mother Earth, mother of us all:

Gaia

A mural I found when Stephen and I lived near San Francisco. I was pregnant at the time with my first, Jade. This mural really touched me because it celebrates life, children, mothering.

Mothers - Mural


Using the above photo I made this Art Trading Card

Celebrate Mothers - Celebrate Life
Celebrate - Birth - Mothers


And a re-run picture here to all the moms who are nursing and nursed your kids. More power to yah! Got milk?

Milk Mural


Happy Mothers Day!

3 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Mammal_Mama said...

Happy Mothers Day to you too! I'm enjoying a little blog time while Baby plays on the floor (nursing off and on), and Daddy and oldest daughter fix breakfast. I TOTALLY agree with you about breasts; my goal is to do my part to make public breastfeeding just part of the scenery, so future moms won't feel like they have to be discreet.

It's interesting to me how breastfeeding and natural, child-responsive mothering seem to flow right into unschooling. Really it makes sense; we're just continuing with the good thing that has worked since the beginning of time.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

I'm curious what you mean by neat and nice? Because in FireFox and Safari it looks neat to me. I did notice in Explorer the layout is a bit messed up. Even before I did changes to the blog template it didn't work in explorer very well. What browser are you using?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Tracy Million Simmons said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Samantha! I love that sculpture! Have I missed that at your house?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home